We’re tired of cliched costumes, we prefer a sexier, sophisticated look. So we’ve put together a few fashionable Halloween costume ideas for 2020. You won’t want to look away.
Subtle Halloween Costume Ideas
Although Halloween in 2020 will likely look a lot different than years gone by, we can still get dressed up for the holiday. One benefit of having only a small gathering to go to means you don’t have to think about a bulky coat to shiver in as you’ll likely be partying inside and not queuing round the block.
Zodiac Costume Ideas
A unique costume take this year, is to go as your zodiac symbol. You can go all out and create a completely over the top costume that matches your star sign. Alternatively, you can take the more subtle route and hint at your star sign using dress colours, makeup, and symbolism in your accessories. Below we’ve given suggestions for accessories and colours you could use for each.
- The Water-bearer; Blue and floaty fabric with silver and diamond jewellery.
- The fish; metallic and blues for the outfit with matching jewellery.
- The Ram; An easy one to create with some horns.
- The bull; use a horned headdress, wear red.
- The twins; pair up with a friend and wear the same outfit.
- The Crab; red and orange hues, armoured, structured outfits and sparkles to mimic sand and coral reefs.
- Leo - July 23 - August 22
- The lion; golds and bronzes with furs, matching gold jewellery.
- The virgin; white, floaty dress with simple, delicate jewellery.
- The scales; Wear black and white combination to mimic the yin and yang nature of the scales, or focus on scales in your jewellery and gold attire.
- The scorpion; black leather or latex outfit.
- The centaur; Neutral browns and greens make up this woodland outfit, add a bow and arrow for a more obvious nod to the archer star sign.
- The goat; Another that’s easy to recreate with some horns on a headdress.
Finish off your look with a Zodiac Necklace to tie everything together
Game of Thrones Halloween costume Ideas
Game of Thrones TV series may have finished last year but die-hard fans still love it. We still expect Game of Thrones Halloween costumes to be a big hit for years to come.
Sansa Stark, the lady of Winterfell, wears a chain necklace throughout the last few series. It’s a chunky statement piece, encompassing a chain with a large circle in the centre. Wear a similar necklace, like our Belcher necklace with a dark, structure bodycon to give the right vibe.
If you’re looking for something a bit lighter, look to Daenerys Targaryen, Mother of Dragons costumes. The character favoured long flowy gowns. What she never failed to include though was some sort of dragon emblem.
Witch costume without the wicked
Wicked witches are probably one of the first things we think of when it comes to Halloween costumes. Big pointy hats, a broomstick and a black bin bag as a costume remind us of childhood. But, we think we can come up with a fashionable Halloween costume idea that doesn’t involve warts and green skin.
Wearing a gorgeous outfit that has elements of nature, calls back to witchy skills of potion-making. You can use greens and browns to focus on the forest or all-out black if you are looking for something more devilish. Adding in elements such as feathers, dried flowers and the addition of a ‘familiar’ such as a cat or a frog, will add to the witchy vibe without you looking like the Wicked Witch of the West.
Astrology has often been associated with magical folk so why not add a celestial element to your costume such as stars, moons or suns. This can be through jewellery, face paint or even the fabric of your outfit. It’s all about adding small subtle details to make your outfit fun but not over the top.
One more fashionable Halloween Costume Idea we’d suggest is actually very common already. Roman or Egyptian Queens/Goddesses have been popular costumes for almost a century and the trend doesn’t look like it will stop.
Take elements from historical design by wearing a tunic dress with a 21st-century fit, plus some gorgeous Roman Numeral bangles or Egyptian goddess necklace is all you need to create this look. Go heavy on the eyeliner and the Cleopatra look will be complete.
Don’t look for costume jeweller for your upcoming Halloween party, choose jewellery pieces that you can wear day in day out and love. Find more jewellery on our website for a subtle but fashionable Halloween costume. If you can’t find what you are looking for, get in touch.